Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Clarisse Obia crowned Miss Teen Universe 2012 1st runner-up


Clarisse Marie Obia crowned 1st Runner Up in Miss Teen Universe 2012




Clarisse Marie Obia, 19, was crowned first runner-up during the coronation night at the Hall of the Ruben Dario National Theater on April 30, besting hopefuls from Costa Rica, Canada, Margarita Island, and Brazil, who were also among the top six finalists.

Emerging as the 2012 Teen Universe titlist is Panama's Sasha Nikyta Kam.

Obia, who is a student from Lyceum of the Philippines University, was chosen by the Bb. Unibersidad organization to represent the country after earning a top ten spot in its inaugural pageant last year.

Born in BiƱan, Laguna, Obia wore a national costume by designer Kim Gan in the international contest in Nicaragua.

During the send-off gathering for Obia in April, the the 5-foot-6 beauty said she plans to represent the Philippines by highlighting Filipino hospitality.

“I’ll just show how much I love my country, and I’ll prove to them that it really is more fun in the Philippines. I’ll show them how hospitable Filipinos are, and that there are many great things about the Philippines, the places, the food, and us Filipinos ourselves,” she said at the time.

“I’m pressured and I’ve gone into extensive training, so hopefully, with the support of my family and my Bb. Unibersidad family, I can bring home a crown,” she added.

The Bb. Unibersidad organization hopes to follow up Obia’s success as it gears up to crown her successor.

The 2012 Bb. Unibersidad Pageant will see 35 university hopefuls vying to represent the Philippines in the next international Teen Universe competition.

The coronation night for the 2012 Bb. Unibersidad Pageant will be held on May 18 at the AFP Theater in Camp Aguinaldo, Quezon City.


 
 

3 comments:

coodysea said...

pretty

jenlee said...

she looks cool!...

Anonymous said...

She have a simple beauty